It’s that time of year where the presentation of the surfboards happens at the Teen Choice Awards! It’s the summer awards show where all of our favorites in TV, film, sports, fashion, music, comedy and the web attend and win! We are always excited to watch a live awards show as anything can happen. Here are five other reasons why we can’t wait for the Teen Choice Awards…
1. The co-hosts!! “Teen Wolf” heartthrob Tyler Posey, and “Modern Family” star Sarah Hyland are on board to host the show. Tyler is nominated for Choice Summer TV Star: Male and Choice TV Actor: Sci-Fi/Fantasy. And they are both nominated for Choice TV Scene Stealer in their respective categories. So they may accept an award along with their hosting duties.
2. Music performances!! Demi Lovato, Rita Ora, Jason Derulo, MAGIC! and British band Rixton will all be performing. Multi-talented Lovato, will be singing her latest single “Really Don’t Care” with Cher Lloyd. Platinum selling artist Rita Ora is set to perform “I Will Never Let You Down.” We are hoping the band MAGIC! sing their infectious debut single, “Rude”!!
3. The categories!! There are 88 categories this year! 88!!! This means there will be lots of surfboards handed out. Leading the pack with nominations is the Channing Tatum/Jonah Hill film, “22 Jump Street” with 7 Teen Choice noms and our favorite song of the summer fancy girl, Iggy Azalea, received five nominations.
4. The celebrities!! This event is always star-studded. Celebs scheduled to appear include superstar Taylor Swift, “The Fault in Our Stars” dreamboats Ansel Elgort & Nat Wolff, “If I Stay” actors Jamie Blackley & Chloë Grace Moretz, Ariana Grande, Hilary Duff, MKTO, The Band Perry, Fifth Harmony, Cody Simpson, Victoria Justice, Collins Key, Laura and Vanessa Marano, Ian Somerhalder, Odeya Rush, Brenton Thwaites, Megan Fox, Kevin Hart, Colton Haynes, Josh Hutcherson, Kendall Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Jake T. Austin, Big Show, Kellan Lutz, Hailee Steinfeld, Gregg Sulkin, Bella Thorne, Zendaya plus cast members from “Pretty Little Liars” and MORE!
5. The fashion!! All the stars will hit the red carpet to show off the latest trends in fashion, beauty and of course, nail art. We can’t wait to see who’s wearing what! And what inspiration we will have for our back to school style.
WE. CAN’T. WAIT!!!!!
“Teen Choice 2014” airs live on Sunday, August 10th at 8/7c on FOX.