YouTube sensations and real life cousins, Sophia Grace Brownlee and Rosie McClelland have moved from the web to your TV screen. The singer and her hype girl are starring in a new TV movie “Sophia Grace & Rosie’s Royal Adventure,” today on Nickelodeon. The girls travel to the fictional country of Switzelvania. On assignment for “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” they are sent to report back about the ceremony of a princess becoming a queen. But while they are there, they get mistaken for royals!
Here are some fun facts about Sophia Grace and Rosie….
1. They became YouTube stars in 2011 when their cover of Nicki Minaj’s “Super Bass” went viral. They were only 8 and 5 years old at the time. Today, the video has over 46 million views and counting. And the girls have met their idol Nicki! The enthusiastic Sophia Grace couldn’t stop screaming and jumping, while the quiet Rosie was reserved.
2. Rosie’s birthday is on September 7th (Happy Early Birthday!). She’ll turn 8. She shares her birthday with “Dance Moms” dancer Sophia Lucia. Sophia Grace turned 11 on April 18th. She shares the same birthdate as Nathan Sykes (The Wanted), Moises Arias (“Hannah Montana”), and Melissa Joan Hart (“Melissa & Joey”).
3. Sophia Grace and Rosie play correspondents in their movie, and they have been real life correspondents on the red carpet. The two have interviewed celebs at the American Music Awards, the MTV Video Music Awards, the Billboard Awards and the Grammy Awards. They already won a Teen Choice Award and we think this talented duo will be picking up more awards in the future!
4. The girls were born in Essex, England. One of the activities that the Brits like to do is to have tea, which is usually served with small sandwiches and scones. They have had tea with many famous celebrities including Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Reese Witherspoon and Justin Bieber! The girls even co-wrote an illustrated children’s book called “Tea Time with Sophia Grace and Rosie.”
5. Their fairytale story continued when Sophia Grace released a music video last year for her first original single, “Girls Just Gotta Have Fun.” Though Rosie doesn’t sing, she makes appearances throughout the super fun video.
6. The fashionable girls’ signature look is tutus and shiny tiaras. They are often dressed in their favorite color- pink! They have a clothing line at a major retail chain that came out just in time for back to school, so you too can look like Sophia Grace and Rosie. We want to play dress up with them!