November is a great month. It has Day of the Dead, Election Day, and Thanksgiving. It has fall leaves, light snow, and on-sale Halloween candy. But sometimes, just plain old November isn’t enough, so here are five alternatives that are even more exciting.
5. Toe-vember. Dedicate this month to your toes. Do daily performances of “This Little Piggy,” give your toes a spa day by dipping them in a bowl of warm water, and paint festive designs on your toenails.
4. Sew-vember. Learn how to sew this month, and make a new project every day. Start with a pillow, work your way up to a sock monkey, and finish off with a commemorative Sew-vember quilt.
3. FroYo-vember. It’s never too cold for frozen yogurt. Use it as a pancake topper, a dip for fresh veggies, or as a salad dressing. Load up on sprinkles and get ready for the tastiest month yet. It also makes a great side for Thanksgiving turkey.
2. Glow-vember. If you love things that glow in the dark, this month is for you! Cover your ceiling with glow-in-the-dark stars, crack a few glow sticks, and celebrate with glow-in-the-dark mini-golf.
1. Game Show-vember. This month, treat everything like it’s a game show. When you get extra allowance, use it to buy a vowel. When a teacher asks you a question you don’t know the answer to, phone a friend. And don’t forget to say everything in the form of a question.
By Katie Brookoff